Thursday, November 10, 2011

Big derailment - medical issues

After a month of Jewish holidays/feasts, and a month of big birthday bashes, I was looking forward to getting back to work, back to normal and getting even fitter in preparation for the Bat Mitzvah in Israel. Right. We plan and G-d laughs. On the morning of the very last Jewish holiday, hubby mentions that he has been seeing floaters in his eye. Hundreds of them. I told him it was an emergency because it could be a retina problem, and off we went to the opthamologist. She confirmed he had a couple of big retina tears, and sent us over to the hospital. Eye got lasered, and we thought that was that. Unfortunately, it wasn't. He had to have 2 more invasive surgeries, and will likely need yet another one this week. The recovery is brutal, as he cannot work and needs to spend most of his time face-down. Needless to say, there is a great deal of stress. We cope better some days than others. I appreciate the support we've gotten from friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am sorry to hear you and your family are going through this. I have a co-worker who had the retina surgery, face-down thing...it was very difficult. Let me know if you need anything...I'll be happy to hang with the kids, or run by Sobey's or some other errands you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sorry I won't be able to come to the clothing swap, but I'm the only driver now and need to drive the kids that night.

    ReplyDelete