Friday, February 4, 2011

Need some online buds to keep me on track

I think I did so well on my weight-loss group because of the accountability. There was a group. There was a weekly weigh-in. There were some scary photos at the beginning, and I knew there would be some more photos at the end. I paid real money for the group. Under that sort of pressure, I realized that I couldn't cheat that much and actually had to follow the program.

I don't want to force my husband to nag me - that can't be good for a marriage. I do, however, appreciate working out together with him. He's been on call this week, so that was an issue. Otherwise, the Shred DVD is actually fun with him. I'm so used to him being Mr. Super Athlete that when I can do certain moves just as well (like abs and some of the strength), it's a boost.

Clearly, I need a built-in tuchus-kick and reward system. Some thoughts:

1. Really use the PC Law to keep track of dockets, billings AND tasks. I'm compulsive about the computer anyway, so this should be a source of boosting, rather than something to avoid.

2. Build in gym rewards - maybe buy a magazine to read on the stair climber, or just consider it "me" time.

3. Reduce the number of nights that I take home my laptop, and make sure that I just bring home focused tasks on specific files.

4. Do a super-prep this Sunday, so that everything is more organized in the kitchen, and I have my healthier go-to treats. This will include making up muffin mixes, pancake mixes and brownie mixes. Hmmm....maybe I'll add to that fruit crisp mixes, since I remembered that I constantly seem to have bruised apples. Maybe some fruit crisp with oats, xylitol, cinamon and maple syrup, with a bit of strained yogurt, would be good?

5. Ask my kids to show me how to download the songs I like onto the iPod, for workouts, time in the kitchen and cleaning. If I had a specific playlist, maybe it would be easier to get into a routine (as in "Pink's on, so it's time to make a hummus wrap".

Anyone with suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment