Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nicer weather and more daylight

We are finally emerging from all the coldness and darkness of winter.

This means:

1. I'm finding it easier to get up early, since I can't stand getting up when I think it's the middle of the night.

2. Snow is finally melting, so I should be able to take some longer walks.

3. With the longer days and better weather, I may start to do the longer Saturday afternoon walks again. I found that they were great last year, until we got to November.

I'm also in a good mood because I found kosher vegan organic soups on a great sale, so I stocked up on the black bean and butternut squash flavors. My new easy snack strategy is simple: 1 carton of black bean soup per week goes to work, for a daily snack of 1 cup nuked in the microwave. Then, as soon as I get home from work, 1'll nuke 1 cup of squash soup as an appetizer.

Thought of the day: Am I a food geek if I get excited about being able to buy fresh kosher vegan nut-free pesto in basil, sundried tomato AND spicy cilantro flavors?

No comments:

Post a Comment