Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stress reduction and production

I've been interviewing job candidates. It's a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg issue, since I interviewed law clerks before lawyers, and it's hard to commit to a full-time clerk position without knowing that there will be an associate to contribute to the workload. Ideally, I'll find a good candidate when my paid ad comes out next week, and be ready to go before Passover. I'd really like to have some emergency coverage.

Got some accounts done last night, which was great...right until I noticed that my laptop was really, really slow. At least I was able to back it up, and I'll do another backup onto my memory stick this morning, but it looks like I may need to start the process of migrating to a new one. I remember it was a royal PITA last time, with some significant downtime.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog. Im a lawyer as well and can definitly relate to the stress. I Havent been able to bounce back since Sunday/Purim. I have been feeling very lazy this week. I think I should probably start working out to get my energy level up. (I say that often but have never acted on it : ) I have learnt that being skinny doesnt translate into being in shape. Sitting behind a desk all day definitly takes a toll.

    ReplyDelete