Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Daily check-ins

Since vague musings about goals and strategies clearly do not work with me and I literally need to kick my tuchus, I'm going to commit to a daily check-in for the rest of the month.

Here's the template:


Work:

Completed items on daily Tasks list?
Up to date with accounting and admin tasks?
Percentage of daily billing goals met = %


Food journal:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Snacks


Exercise:

Cardio
Strength
Other


Family:

Meeting commitments to kids
Time with husband
Extended family


Sleep:


# of hours

The idea is to get on track before my annual check-up, and to reverse some creeping bad habits. I'm also going to post up the family menu each week, because my husband is still recovering from the medical issues and the lack of activity has been causing weight and cholesterol issues.

Short term goal: better health by end of May annual physical
Longer term goal: be in great shape for trip out west, with lots of energy to go hiking in the Rockies

1 comment:

  1. Good luck - I send you good vibes. I saw your post on FJ and I will try to check in daily and help by being a harpy nag (but one full of love).

    I've started on my own journey. I walk each day with the dogs and sleep regular hours. My biggest change is leaving fast food and almost all processed food behind and am learning to cook in order to eat only fresh veggies, fruit, whole grains and lean meats. As I hate to cook and have no idea how to do so, it's been a long road. I literally had to look up a recipe on how to boil asparagus. About a month and a half into this new lifestyle change, I have a semi-decent repertoire of menu choices, am learning to eat veggies I've never tried before, feel less bloated and more energetic. I hit the farmer's markets and shell out for fresh fruit and spend time I used to spend reading cooking now. My goal is not only weight loss but just an entirely different relationship with food. I used to eat out of stress or boredom, rarely seeing food as fuel for my body but as a security blanket, a way to "treat" myself. Now I see food as something I must do, must must do in moderation and with good intentions. I've not weighed myself because while I want to lose weight, that's not the primary goal so I need to focus on the larger picture right now.

    In any case, I will do my best to help and support you. It's hard to juggle life and all its demands but you can do it. I wish you all the luck in the world.

    ReplyDelete