Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Quick meals strategies

I'm trying to come up with easy ways to do an end-run around my cravings.

Here are some things that seem to work:

Breakfast: fruit smoothies (frozen blueberries, strawberries, sometimes a banana into a blender, cover fruit with juice and water, blend). Gets some nutrients and anti-oxidants in early in the morning, and it's really fast. It also takes no effort or energy to digest, so I stay awake.

Lunch: the hummus wraps with sprouts are actually easy to prepare, and quite good. Satisfying, but not TOO filling.

Snacks: the trail mix in small snack containers seems to do the trick of killing my cravings while I'm in the car. It's crunchy, and the few chocolate chunks give me a hit that lets me bypass the chocolate bars.

Now...I've made the wraps for tomorrow, but just need the discipline to do this every day.

In other news....I planned to do tons of billing tonight, but stupidly brought home the wrong box of files.

3 comments:

  1. For the smoothies, someone suggested to me to add protein like tofu (or I've added some of the Egg Beaters whites) and it does work to fill you up more! I was really shocked how well! I've been working since Pesach on losing weight and revamping my eating to much healthier and exercising a lot more and my BMI went from the 26s to the 22s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may try adding some yogurt.

    How does it taste? I tried using milk instead of juice in the smoothie, and found that it was revolting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did milk, frozen mango (PC brand) , some banana, tofu or eggbeaters. I liked it but when i once tried it with yogurt, i didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete