Thursday, October 7, 2010

One year till the big 4-0

I'm turning 39 this weekend.

That's motivation for turning all my half-assed schedules and plans into something firmer. I've got 365 days to make some solid changes.

So, my concrete goals to do by 40 are:

1. Get down to 125 lbs, which is right in the middle of my healthy BMI range and the weight at which I have historically felt most comfortable.

2. Get fit, so that I can run a mile, have plenty of energy for life, and engage in some fun fitness activities without hesitation.

3. Get a firm grip on finances - stay out of debt, pay down mortgage aggressively, develop and keep a budget, finance upcoming expenses without stress.

4. Develop better sleep habits, getting to bed before midnight.

5. Eat healthy foods (since it would be theoretically possible to lose weight while eating complete crap - I've done it before), with a focus on eating real foods.

6. Keeping focusing on family time: being on top of things with the kids, and making couple time.

7. Try to keep up with friends, etc. in a way that makes sense with my schedule - using Fri. night/Sat., reconnecting where possible.

Plan to get there in 365 days:

1. Get down to 140 by Nov. 11, so that I won't be overweight at the Dr. appointment. After that, lose an additional 15 lbs, hopefully by January.

2. Turn off computer every night and get into bed before 12 midnight.

3. Make a DETAILED master schedule on computer (not scrap paper), and save as a template. Every Sat. night or Sunday, customize it for the next week. Include EVERYTHING - every meal and snack for everyone in the family, exercise, work routines, etc. Then, follow it!

4. Don't keep cash around, so that I can't buy junk. Record every credit card purchase.

5. Docket daily, do billing/accounting weekly, do month end stuff on time. Record everything, both business and personal.

6. Schedule in time for the good stuff too - time for family, time for friends, time for self.

7. Keep this image of a trimmer, fitter, more relaxed, more accomplished self at my 40th birthday, and work toward it every day.

8. Keep this journal of the journey there.

No comments:

Post a Comment