Sunday, April 10, 2011

6 months to the big 4-0

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.....I have 6 months to the big birthday, which means setting some goals:

1. Get to 125 lbs.
2. Be able to run 5 km by July 1.
3. Start swimming again, and be able to do 20 lengths in a workout without passing out.
4. Get back on a bike for the first time in 12 years.
[Ok, it's not quite a triathalon, but it's an achievable goal]

As for the rest of the family:
1. Hubby gets down to 150 lbs for the same birthday.
2. Kids continue to work on planning and cooking decently balanced meals and snacks.
3. Get hubby eating lunch from home - and possibly learning how to prepare simple meals when I'm not around.

The other goal for hubby and I is to put online stuff in its place, get more sleep, and delegate around the office so that we have less stress, better practices and more work/life balance.

2 comments:

  1. If you still wanna run 5k by July 1...I can help you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the run/walk combo on Sunday, since it was just too nice to stay inside.

    Unfortunately, that was our only nice day. I'm so sick of rain and crappy weather. It's supposed to be nicer on Saturday, so if our friend's Bar Mitzvah doesn't go all afternoon I may get in an hour or two for a long walk. Once it dries out, I'll start my hikes through the ravines to Uplands, which is really nice.

    ReplyDelete