Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Getting excited about software

Yes, I'm sounding like a geek.

I made a call that I should have made a long time ago, and finally spoke to an IT consultant to law firms. This is part of my "delegate tasks that are better done by others so you can focus on what you do best" journey. Well....I may be able to figure out how to do some bare-bones stuff, so I have a website and accounting program and basic legal word processing and email, but that's about it. I was sticking with some very outdated ways of doing things and missing some vital processes. It's a bit embarrassing to admit that I was still taking notes on paper and letting things get lost, but I'm excited to think that I can start fresh and eliminate some nagging problems once and for all. If all goes well, I should be almost paperless (original documents will still be around) and far more efficient.

It will be another step in reducing the stress and increasing productivity, which is ultimately behind the other issues that I'm working on (since I don't sleep well while stressed, skip exercise and go for emotional eating).

I'm envisioning a whole new way of doing business in May - brighter office with window, clerical help, an associate to share the workload, doing more, getting more involved in professional events, and ultimately pulling in more income by my 40th birthday. I'd like to be able to take a bit more stress off of my husband too.

Is it weird that I think practice management software can give me a better figure and better health?

No comments:

Post a Comment